Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Sunny day

The sunshine certainly makes you feel better, doesn't it. I managed to get out today - a friend picked me up and we went for a sandwich lunch locally - very enjoyable - nice to get out, and so glad I was feeling more like it than I have been.

Before I went I managed to finish off the cover of the mini book I started for one of the challenges on Carolyn - to celebrate our wedding anniversary this coming Friday - and I also did the introduction pages. Don't know whether I'll get it finished before 'the day'. Things have kept going wrong with it - all part of a learning curve.

(I've deleted the pictures of the mini book cover etc because I've now put them all together with the rest of the book in a post above.

When I came back from lunch I made a cuppa and settled down in my armchair to have a go at Challenge 14 on Carolyn's - to incorporate sewing on a card. I decided to use a paisley pricking stencil that I've had for a while but never used. Having done the silver backstitch on the pricked outlines, I outlined the paisley patterns with pen and then decided to try doodling in the patterns. I'm quite pleased with the result.

I did manage a few other bits and pieces for the Big Challenge yesterday and might show them later. Time now to go and have some more painkillers and rest. I know this blog is just about the crafty aspect of life, but I will just mention that I had a call from the doctor's surgery yesterday to say that the results of the bone density scan are back and the doc wants to see me - so I have an appointment late tomorrow afternoon. I just wish the pain from the fracture would calm down.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Hazel the album looks fab, what a fantastic pressie and it's great to look back at the pics and think of times they were taken.
    Love the paisley card, definately will try that.
    Good luck with the doc, hope it goes well.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Work Hazel!
    Hope you're feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated