Pages

Thursday 8 November 2007

Salt: From the hymnbook

Today is the fortnightly launch of the Salt challenge. This time it was Lythan's choice and she said:

'Thank you for all the ways you have sung out that "Jesus is Lord". It is so inspiring to see the diversity of ways we can praise through our creativity.
And I (Lythan) would like you to carry on singing through this week's challenge

From the hymnbook

take your inspiration from a hymn or song that means a lot for your faith, Old hymn, new song, overtly Christian or kind of hidden, God speaks to us in music in all sorts of ways.

I can't wait to see your response!'

Please take a look at Salt

There are many hymns and songs, both old and new,that sprang to mind when Lythan told us the topic for this challenge. In the end I decided for my contribution to make myself a prayer journal that I (hopefully) will put to good use (this means that for a change I can keep what I've crafted). I've based it on the hymn 'What a friend we have in Jesus'.



10 comments:

  1. I love the scrummy colours of this journal and I hope that you will have as much pleasure from filling it up as from making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal Hazel. Nice to have something to distract you from all the decorating and finishing problems - why is there always one little thing that doesn't get done! We hear that our plasterer is finally coming to see what to do tonight and starting next week - this job started in August!

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Hazel, I love your christian journal, it's beautiful, lovely colours too. I love the hymn too, can remember singing it years ago. Well done, and lovely to see. XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Hazel, and as you say it's something that you've made that you can actually keep for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel - this is just beautiful! And what a lovely idea for the challenge...it's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely way to incorporate teh challenge, and a very useful idea. Another of my favourite hymns! Gorgeous colours and ribbons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The journal looks just gorgeous Hazel - I hope you will enjoy picking it up and using it often :o)

    You're motoring through the CBC challenges, too - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel - this is fab. The journal is gorgeous with all those ribbons and papers in rich colours. When you use it as a record of prayer, you will be amazed at how much is answered!
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful artwork Hazel and wonderful thoughts behind it, thanks for sharing your prayer journal.

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This journal is so inviting. The colors are warm and the ribbon is begging to be touched. Love it.
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated