Pages

Thursday 10 January 2008

Karen's CJ DLO

I received Karen's lovely CJ before Christmas and, as usual, thought I'd got plenty of time to do my DLO ... and here we are very near to the deadline!

I have to confess that crafting has taken a back seat since Christmas, for a variety of reasons, one of which is that we've had hospital visits with John, resulting in a decision to admit him, hopefully next week, to amputate a toe which has had an ulcer that's been getting worse, so I shall then be up and down to St Thomas hospital to visit him - they think he'll be there for about a week.

Anyway, this is 'my crafty outlook', so back to the matter in hand!

Karen's CJ is part of a group on Bumbleberries and is called 'surprise' - such a good idea - each person has to set the theme for the next person. The lovely Rach (turtlestres) set my theme: 'If I won the lottery' - I must say that I found this difficult to do, because not only do I not do the lottery (so therefore wouldn't win it!) but money doesn't buy happiness or health, although admittedly it can make a big difference to how comfortable you are if you are in illhealth - and we certainly wouldn't say no to a chauffeur driven car to be at our disposal!

So here is my contribution, using Jenny's creations Dizzy papers and other bits and pieces (there are a few white spots showing in the pictures - too impatient to wait - Art institute 'dries clear' glue, which, when dry, will show no white:


9 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'd have been stuck with this one too - I've never bought a lottery ticket, either! You did a great job and I love the papers you've used!

    Hope everything goes OK with John's op. Although it sounds a bit drastic I'm sure they'll have taken the decision that they feel is best for his health overall. Take care of yourself as well - sorry I'm too far away to provide the chauffeur service for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great CJ entry Hazel, I wouldn't have a clue what I would do.

    Best wishes to John too for the op.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly Hazel, I'm sending John and you some cyber healing {hugs}. Hope he recovers quickly.

    It certainly was a difficult subject to do a LO on, wasn't it? I think you've done a great job though.

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sentiment behind your CJ, Hazel. You are always thinking of others first. Take care of John, lovely Josey and yourself.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about John needing the op - love and hugs for both of you

    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea for the layout :-)

    You know where I am next week if you want some company. I'm still just over behind parliament and unless you've changed your number recently, I still have it in my phone. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about John {hugs}.

    Fab take on your CJ challenge - well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about John Hazel, hope he recovers quickly.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your CJ....it's a good idea for each to set the subject.
    Hope all goes well with John's op.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated