Pages

Thursday 10 July 2008

Think Pink

You will notice that I've got an additional picture link in my side bar - Think Pink. Please click on it to get more information and to see the fab creations that are being made for this very special challenge.

Di O on Bubbly Funk forum announced that the Cybercrop this year will be a fabulous charity event with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Care. In the run up to this there are weekly Think Pink challenges.

Those taking part on the BF forum are being asked to voluntarily donate
some of the items made for the fabulous "Think Pink Card and Gift Sale" to be held in West Sussex on 18 October 2008. 100% of the proceeds of the sale will go to Breast Cancer Care.

This is an incredible opportunity to raise funds for an amazing and worthy charity
that continues to work hard to provide the highest standards of treatment, support and care for Breast Cancer patients.

Read all about their work at www.breastcancercare.org.uk

You don't have to belong to BF forum to join in - just click on the Think Pink link for more info.

I didn't manage to do Week 1 challenge Six Pack in that week, but they can be done any time in the run up to the cybercrop, so I've now done my six cards - details of this challenge are on the Think Pink blog.

I used a newly acquired foam stamp (have bought a few sets of these recently from QVC - not bad quality for the money) and stamped on to a very subtle pale pink card (although it looks more white in the photos because of the poor light when taking them). I used Archival ink Sepia for the stamping. I then rounded the corners and inked the edges and across the hat and dress with a pink ink pad. The card blanks are from pda's designer range - light brown stone.



I found a craft robo template for a box on UKScrappers (thanks to the generous ladies on there who share templates with members), but it wasn't quite what I needed, so I adapted one for myself. It's not perfect, but I know that the results are better than if I'd done them by hand.



(The little white patches in the middle are reflection on the acetate lid).

3 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated