Pages

Sunday 30 November 2008

CBC ATCs velvet

I nearly forgot about these. The choice this month was velvet or vintage (or a combination of the two).

Earlier in the week I ironed velvet paper on to a rubber stamp - one of my favourites atm - and today I just added some stickles icicles.

These are very simple, but it was all I could think of doing with velvet:



Some people have asked what this technique is, so I thought I'd add this:

You just place the rubber stamp with the rubber uppermost and put the velvet paper on top of it, with the velvet side against the rubber. Then you use a medium to high hot iron to press firmly on top to get the impression. It really works better with a bolder pattern, but I wanted to use the trees.

5 comments:

  1. They look fantastic Hazel.

    I've never heard of that technique before sounds intriguing.

    The results are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Gez I have never heard of that technique before Hazel. You'll have to give us the details as the results are spectacular.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is stunning me three, never heard of that I must go and investigate it looks like we NEED it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Hazel, the ATCs are really effective.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog....why aren't you in bed? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty effect Hazel, these are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated