Pages

Sunday 18 January 2009

Blue inchies

The other evening I prepared some pieces of card to make inchies - I used some Craft Creations blue card that had a slightly mottled look to it and sprayed lightly with Adirondack color wash stream. Having cut the inchies, they then got left ready for me to have inspiration to finish them off.

I spent this afternoon stamping, embossing etc. They are only little (well, let's face it, they're very little!), but they take so much time (well, they take me so much time anyway - I think I could have made two or three cards in the time I took with these inchies).

As you can see, I used a variety of little stamps (some of which I acquired yesterday when I happened to stray into the craft shop when I went to the post office - which was closed anyway). I stamped with versamark and embossed with Moon Glow hydrangea blue/mauve powder. I printed the words, ran through my little xyron and then cut and stuck, which was fiddly, but less fiddly than having to apply glue individually. I then added a few bits of ribbons, brads etc.

I'm quite pleased with the results. As usual, the photo doesn't show the sheen on the embossing too well. You can get a better look if you click on the picture.

So, why did I do these inchies? For a swap being held on BF and also for the 'blue color' challenge on the Small World of Inchies blog.

15 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous Hazel, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just delightful Hazel. I think I like the one with the little silver heart best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful Hazel, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful Hazel, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute Hazel. It would actually make a lovely card 'just because'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are FABULOUS Haxel X

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are not visible at the moment, will come back and have a look tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they look fantastic Hazel...fab stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sweet Hazel, the colour is adorable and the little ribbons set them off. XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOO wow Hazel I wonder which one I will receive? These are all so lovely.

    traceyr :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Hazel, they are so sweet! I too love the little heart inchie. They are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are very pretty Hazel......you must have the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful inchies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great selection of Inchies, not something i've tried YET!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated