Pages

Friday 9 January 2009

Sketch Saturday 32 + Lili of the valley: anything goes

This card is for Sketch Saturday 32:



and for this week's Lili of the valley challenge: anything goes.

I've used some of my favourite BG papers from Scarlet's letters and a stamped image that I got in a swap on CBC.

I have to laugh - I carefully cut circles into quarters and matted and layered in the corners of the card, as per the sketch - and then covered them up with the blooms!!

The red and black paper in the square in the middle is much more vibrant irl.


I guess that this could be my first Valentine card made, although it could be used for an anniversary or whatever.



9 comments:

  1. Very striking Hazel, love the layered look for the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, sending you best wishes for a happy 2009. Thanks for joining us again your really are a trooper, this card is stunning I just adore it.
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy as usual with your cards I see Hazel!! I love the colour combo, very classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, Happy New Year, love the card it is striking. Hazel xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious Hazel.

    I'd love to give that to DH as a valentine's card. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As has been said before a lovely striking card. I love the way you have done the flowers.

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card for valentines day or anniversary, lovely rich colours :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated