Pages

Saturday 21 February 2009

A stitch in time!

And it is only just in time for this week's challenge on Dottie's World.

The challenge was to use stitching (not stamped or faux, but real stitching) - I got out some silver thread and a needle and made a rather pathetic attempt at stitching across the edge of the blanket on this gorgeous baby download from the love and marriage collection.
The image was printed on to linen card and the surrounding area wasn't meant to be all blue - it started off with just inking the edges, but somehow it spread! (and I wasn't going to waste it!)




It looks much brighter irl.

And please don't forget my blog candy

7 comments:

  1. Well the blue ink might have "spread" but it looks fab! LOL..as does your stitching Hazel. A very pretty card indeed, I love the little cluster of buttons too!

    love Dingle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Hazel, great use of the image. Love what you did with the buttons and the silver thread is a lovely touch.
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a sweet card Hazel. I think sometimes accidents end up looking really good, I'm glad you kept the inking like that it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Hazel. I love that little duck button too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Hazel. I love it. I like how you've arranged the buttons & your stitching is great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab stitching Hazel, I love stitching on stuff...as you probably know ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you had not said about the ink I would have thought you intended the subtle blue - Lovely use of the image. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated