Pages

Saturday 7 March 2009

Welcome baby boy card

Today's challenge on 365 cards is 'shape up!' - 'card should be shaped like a circle, or a circle must be the dominating shape.'

So I've made another 'doiley' card using the wild card cart with my cricut.

I'm linking this for The Pink Elephant challenge 4: 'ribbons and die cuts' - I know there is only one die cut on the card, but the whole card itself is one big die cut!

I used a piece of American Crafts the goods 'giggle', which, being double sided, gives a nice matching blue lining to the card. The card is 6" in diameter (in future I'm going to choose 5.5" so that I can easily get two out of a 12" x 12" paper - found out just now that you can't get another one the same size, obviously, because of the bit of a margin that the cricut leaves):


13 comments:

  1. Hazel, this is super creative, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Hazel....that Wild Card catridge is looking more interesting every time i see a card made with it! :)
    Glad you could share with us at TPE this week....

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Hazel!! I love this! The ribbon at the top is perfect :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! Perfect baby colors!!

    Love the die cut!!

    Thanks for playing along at TPE! ~Lori R

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! Thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shape of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super creation with this! I like that it's an unusual take on a baby card but very attractive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shape on this card. Just collected my Cricut machine yesterday - can't wait to be doing things like this with it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I love that you made the card a diecut for our challenge!! I love the touch of the ribbons on the top too! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!
    Robin
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card!!

    Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    LORi BOYD
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shape of your card, oh the magic one can create with Cricut - with yout talent thrown in of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card! I love this die cut. Much more interesting than just a regular ol' scallop. Nice take on the 365 challenge!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is AWESOME! The edges on the circle are so attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated