Pages

Saturday 2 May 2009

365 cards day 45: tri-fold card

Not having done much crafting lately I was conscious that I was asked to make a wedding day card and the wedding is in two weeks' time. Not knowing whether John's going to have to go back into hospital again, I thought I'd get this done. I admit that it took a while to get going, but now it's done, I'm pleased with it.

The background paper is PM Victorian (it's double sided, but I kept to the pattern of one side). The Wedding Day card on the flap is gold foiled and the selection of sentiments used on the inside is vellum with gold foiling.

The invitation that my friends had received had been done in this style of card, so I thought it would be nice to use the same idea. This also fits in well with one of the challenges I missed on 365 cards: 45: tri-fold card, so I'm linking for that.


I've put a tag in the pocket so that the friends can write their own greeting on there:



I was particularly pleased with the gold printing (using the codes supplied on CBC by Dingledel - thank you, Adele)


6 comments:

  1. Hazel, this is absolutely stunning..perfect for a wedding card. Hope your hubby is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely card Hazel, such pretty paper too.

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, the fold makes it really special and the gold text is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the invitation style for inspiration - this looks lovely Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats beautiful hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous Hazel..x

    The card looks like satin & the gold writing is perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated