Pages

Thursday 21 May 2009

Our Anniversary Card

I didn't do any crafting yesterday (we were up at Guy's for appointments for John) and this is the first I've done today. I've been deliberating for days on making a card for our anniversary next Monday. Why is it that 'special' cards for those near and dear are the hardest to make? And now that it's done I'm not really happy with it.

There were a few challenges this week that spurred me into action:

DCM: 'the sound of music'
Crafty Muse: 'May Day: love, flowers, romance'
A spoonful of sugar: challenge 52: 'celebration'
365 cards day 72: 'musical Monday'
Theme Thursday: 'dance and/or music'

I downloaded Mendelssohn's Wedding March from a free sheet music site and printed it on iridescent card - white with a hint of a lilac sheen to it - the rest is obvious - and not a piece of patterned paper in sight!



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to use the Wedding March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Hazel this is just delightful! It's gorgeous :) What a wonderful idea using the music..very effective! (who needs patterned paper - lol)
    Thanks for joining in the Crafty Muse challenge AND Happy anniversary for Monday!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,love the colours,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Hazel, I can’t think why you weren’t happy with your anniversary card.
    I think it’s beautiful, but then I would because it’s my favourite colour!

    I hope you and John are keeping well and you both enjoyed your special day.

    Love Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is most beautiful Hazel.

    Love the colour combo & I like all the different textures for John to feel.

    Best Wishes to you both. Have a fabulous Wedding Anniversary.

    Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated