Pages

Sunday 24 May 2009

Recycling a quiche tin foil dish

I came across Unscripted Sketches and this is challenge 07 atm:

I decided to use the base of an individual quiche tin foil dish with cuttlebug embossing. The circle uses d'vine swirls and has been inked with stazon violet and the strip across the bottom is from the rim of the foil dish and was embossed with one of the border folders.

I had to use lots of little mauve brads on the circle because it wouldn't stick down on to the flower, which, btw, was originally white, so I just swiped it with the violet ink pad to match. The PP is DCWV pocket full of posies. The purple background is a lovely satin sheen.

Day 54 on 365 cards was 'recycled elements', so this card qualifies for that.

This card is also good for Joanna Sheen's May challenge: 'recycling', for The Cuttlebug Spot challenge 31: 'embossing something other than paper' and also for the Alphabet challenge I is for ... inking.

It was difficult to get a photo because of the reflection on the foil, so I'm showing two different angles (as is often the case, you can see the embossing and inking better if you click on the pictures to enlarge):


18 comments:

  1. Ah thats lovely, I love the colours. Many thanks for joining in again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning!! The colors are gorgeous, and I love the recycling also.

    Your take on Unscripted Sketches is perfectly Unscripted and I love it!! Thanks for joining us for sketch #7!! Hope to see your work again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! Great take on this weeks Unscripted sketch. I hope you'll join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel I haven't been lucky enough to come across one of your creations in some time, Wow this is truly wondeful! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I am back to post again on your use of embossed foil. I totally missed that you combined these challenges! Again, fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colours Hazel - like the idea of embossing recycled metal things! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats great Hazel. I'm going to have to get some embossing folders for my big shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! thats turned out really well Hazel. Lovely colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The border worked brilliantly with the edge of the dish, great recycling here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really clever Hazel. I love the way the embossing works and the colour on the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you would never know it was a quiche tin lol. Fab effect Hazel, a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, the idea is great and the way the embossed metal works againt the back ground is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a fabulous idea! You truly went Unscripted on this one and I love it. Hope you'll join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea with the quiche dish Hazel. I'll have to try the foil dish recycling myself I think! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea Hazel, it looks fab! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge again this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really different... love the ebossing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this card blows me away! Talk about a treasure. And you got to nail down several challenges with one card. Way to go! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated