Tuesday, 13 January 2009
Well, I was going to go out today and buy some gesso, but my back has been very painful and I just didn't feel like it. I read somewhere that you could substitute gesso with white acrylic paint. So I took a piece of canvas (bought it a while ago in a pack - quite thin sheets of it) and spread it with white acrylic and while it was still wet I stamped into it with this Dawn Bibby design stamp (didn't use any ink, just the stamp). When it was dry, I chalked over the design and then used it to cover a piece of chipboard which has then been matted on to the card.
As this is a violet colour, I'm linking this as a second card for the ABC challenge V is for violet.
And I made the card to a violet theme for the ABC challenge V is for violet.
The papers are from offcuts in my box (think they might have been HOTP); the image has been printed on to linen card, which gives a bit of a watercolour look to it. Underneath the fibre there are purple eyelets (although my big crop-a-dile doesn't set these as well as the smaller one used to - I suppose it must be operator error!).
I used the paisley cuttelbug embossing folder and the Swiss dots to emboss on white linen card; three blooms were added with a brad and a piece of white ribbon wrapped around, with another much narrower piece in the middle of it. The sentiment is a small Cuttlebug embossing folder. The scallops were cut on my Rotatrim and holes made with the crop-a-dile:
The light had faded too much to take a photo, so I'm afraid that on the scan there are shadows caused by the depth of the blooms - irl the 'white' is even.
The current challenge on Crafty Muse (one I've not done before) is 'something new' .... for example a new year, new baby, new home, new job .... Make a card or project based on this theme.