Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Today's WOYWW

It's already Wednesday again and that means WOYWW over on Julia's blog.

I only made one card yesterday, so there's not much evidence of doing anything on here, except a pile of wooden stamps that I took off the shelf. I'd like to find a better way of taking photos of my cards to blog. Recently I've been standing cards on my printer because it's often the only place that is available, but I have to squat down to get a level photo (and often don't achieve that anyway).

When blog hopping I've noticed that some people put their card on a spiky thing to take the photo so I did a bit of research and came up with the idea of a 'flower frog' and I found two for sale on ebay and won them. I've worked out that the shelf that houses the wooden stamps is just about the right height to stand up and take a photo of a card in the spiky thing, so now I'm thinking I might leave a space for that purpose ... but where do I put the stamps then?

And have you noticed a non-crafty item to the left of my keyboard? - a DVD that arrived yesterday - one of my all-time favourite films, 'A Touch of Class'.

Postie has just arrived with some prize goodies, so I'll be blogging about those in a while.

18 comments:

  1. WOW it looks quite tidy. I love the idea of having the stamps on display but then I would hgave to dust them!!! LOL
    The Other Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your space - I've been looking for something to do my cards on too and researched one of those mini easels - but you end up paying more for the postage!! Anyway, I've also, like you, seen the spikey things and think its a great idea - and it clearly works because your photo came out great. Love the shelf and the fact that its all at hand.

    Hope you pop by mine later

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is pretty darn professional looking ... I have never gear of a wotsit frog ... tis amazing what I learn on a Wednesday :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel your cup cake card is yummy darling , and your work space loks great as always , I'm a bit tidy this week but don't hold your breath !!! lol
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely stuff Hazel! Your shelves look so... high class, like something out of a showroom!
    Thanks for the offer of your Robo, I'd like to go and see the various machines in action before I make a decision!!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ikea do a great mini easel which is perfect for the job - and I take pictures in the window in the natural light whenever possible. I am a bit puzzled though because although I can see your desk where exactly is your workSPACE???? he he he

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of your space Hazel - you've gorra lorra flowers in those boxes! Love the flower frog idea..I have a teeny easel from Hobbycraft I think; it was all of a quid, and priceless when I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these shots! I used to use an easel but now I just put the card on some paper & lean over my desk haha Taking pics of LO's is tricky tho so I use a plate stand for those! Thanks for sharing XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shelves with the stamps on ;) The card is lovely Hazel :)If I do a flat card then I scan it 'cos it's quicker as for taking pics of them sometimes I stand them up sometimes lay them down.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great working space and I love the shelves with all the stamps on. That's a brilliant idea too for holding your tapes and things, anyone else spot that?? It's an appalling time of year to be taking photos anyway, all mine are looking naff at the moment, roll on Spring eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm i see lots of lush flowers too :) great space x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea with the spiky thing Hazel, I'm sure I could think of somewhere you could put your stamps!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your desk and that shelf above the computer..
    Hugs Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very tidy desk. I'm a bit like you on taking the photos I did think I had found the perfect place,dont laugh; the downstairs clockroom balanced on top of the cistern (Yup I did say cistern) it does work as the walls are white so it reflects the light only prob is I can't be bothered traipsing down stairs with my camera!!!! Hugs Pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your workspace is great Hazel and can you not just move the stamps when you want to photo something it would save having to find a permanent place for them?

    Great find by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooer I love your frog thingy.
    If you haven't been over to look yet we have a Gift Draw going on over in our new shop so please pop over and join in. Good luck.
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like that froggy thing, very clever. I am jealous of your workspace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome space and not messy at all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated