Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

Salt: continue in prayer

A new challenge is launched today on Salt - the subject was chosen by Julie and you can read what she wrote here.

The last few days have been very difficult for our family - John's sister died in the early hours of yesterday. She had been in hospital for over a month and over the past few days had deteriorated greatly.

I have to admit that I hadn't done anything for my Salt contribution and didn't think I'd be able to participate this time, but yesterday I was able to sit down and produce my simple LO:


Please visit Salt and see what the other members of the team have created for this challenge and perhaps do something creatively as your own response to it - we'd love you to leave us a comment there so we can visit your blog to share in your crafting.

The large white letters are Thickers - the smaller letters are from an unknown set of stickers; the photos were part of a kit from QVC. I don't often link to other challenges with my creations for Salt, but thought this time that, as I have stamped faux stitching using HOTP stamps, I would share with these:

Corrosive
51: 'sew it up'
One stitch at a time 1: 'stitching'
How much is too much? 126: 'a stitch in time saves 9' - stitching and 9 different things - my 9: 4 different pictures, 2 different DCWV cardstock, 2 different inks (memento black and Elzybells whipped cream) used to stamp the faux stitching, Thickers letters
Crazy amigo: 'stithes'
Crafty creations 55: 'stitching'
Sophisticat 22: 'stitching'

15 comments:

  1. Hazel I am so glad that you were able to contribute and hope that reflecting on prayer will help you at this sad time. Yuo and John and the family are being held up in prayer and I pray that this will help you through the difficult days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel, I am so very sorry for your loss..It has been one month since I lost my 63 year young sister in law and I know how hard it is to get back into the things you love..Your card is very special with a lot of meaning behind it..thank you for entering into our first challenge at OSAAT..take care
    hugz
    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart my darlin' and Im also sorry for your loss, but thank you so much for sharing this LO with us here at OSAAT. Take care - hugs to all your family at this difficult time.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, sorry for your loss hun, but thanks for taking time to share your creation with us at OSAAT, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is just perfect Hazel - a great reminder!! Our prayers are with you and John during this sad time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel - I'm so sorry for your loss. Will hold you and John in my prayers. Your layout is lovely. The photos and wording is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
    Your layout is lovely, thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge.
    hugs,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Hazel. Your SALT LO's are always special. Thank you for managing to make one this week. Keeping you all in my thoughts.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is so beautiuful hazel,things like this are always so special thanks for joining us over at OSAAT so sorry for your loss too hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss too but thanks ever so much for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week we are ever so pleased! Your layout is special colours sitching are fab I wish you luck in the draw Hope you have joinecd in the two ribbon candys and the other candy on the blog all finishing next Sat If you haven't been over and tried please do

    Liz xx loss too but

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for such a great loss. Thanks for sharing you layout with us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, you and your family are in my prayers, thank you so much for sharing with us at Sophisticats this week, take good care, Love Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel
    So sorry for your loss, thinking of you.Your LO is lovely
    Thanks for sharing your LO with us at Sophisti-cats
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hazel Sorry to hear about your lose, thinking of you at this sad time. Lovely layout. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated