Pages

Friday 9 April 2010

At last ... here I am again

It's been a week since I shared any crafting. I've done very little this past week, partly because I just haven't felt like it. A few days ago I decided I'd have more of a sort out of my craft stuff, but that hasn't amounted to much really - and most of it is already sorted anyway.

Sometimes I give in to temptation and buy kits from QVC thinking that they will help me make some quick cards for when I need them for selling for charity - and, tbh, they do sell quite well because the quality is good. The only thing is that you get sheets of die cut shapes that have to be taken out and they have all those annoying little bobbles that have to be snipped off - and by the time you've done that you could have stamped and made a few much more individually styled cards. So during the week I've been cutting bobbles off die cuts and bagging them up in the hope that I might just actually use them, although I'd far rather be playing with stamps.

In the thick of all this yesterday, I came across a challenge that was asking for a silhouette and I had just the right die cut set that fitted that, so this is for CCEE: 'silhouettes on the shade'.

As no patterned paper was used, it's also good for Allsorts 46: 'no DPs'.

I know that there is a blue mat beneath the main image and a bit of red for the waistcoat, but the rest is mainly black and white, so I'm linking for Lots to do 13 and it's a 'scene' for Hanna and friends 39.

And as this was part of a kit that was originally bought to use, but remained in the box, it's right for Flourishes Timeless 61 challenge.

Mind you, I can't really explain why he's holding an umbrella up when the moon is so full and the stars are twinling - a bit of poetic licence I think!

9 comments:

  1. Hazel I just love this card - has something about it !!!! Thanks for sharing it with us on the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of Singing in the Rain.....what a fab and stylin card...thanks so much for playing with the CCEEers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say singing in the rain too! Maybe he is singing "Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright, but I only have eyes for you" I hope it's not the cat he is singing too lol!

    Great card Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card is great! Like the image and scene very much!

    Thanks for playing with us at Hanna & Friends.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card!!!!!!


    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.

    Hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great card! I really like it
    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and friends!
    Hugs
    Bärbel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fabulous card. I love your scene.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Hanna and Friends.
    Hugs,
    vanni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Hanna and Friends this week!

    Hugs from Germany
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated