Pages

Thursday 16 September 2010

It's not craft but ...

... I thought I would show the chocolate muffins that have just come out of the oven.

Some of my followers will know (although I haven't been broadcasting it much) that I've been on the Dukan diet since Easter and have now lost 2 stone.

One of the ideas of the diet is to have some oatbran everyday - I usually make this into a pancake, occasionally I make Dukan bread with it or just mix it in with yoghurt, vanilla, Splenda etc - usually adding a spoonful of cocoa because I miss chocolate. In fact, mentioning chocolate I have to confess that yesterday I had a bar of Bournville dark chocolate (it was one of the small bars, so not so terrible really) and it was delicious - first time I've had any choccie since my birthday.

Anyway, I digress ... when I first went on the diet I tried some of the recipes for Dukan muffins ... and each time was a disaster - they either stuck to the bun tins or stuck to the paper of the paper cases, so I gave up. But, having read that the silicone muffin cases from Poundland (you get 6 in a pack - I chose the bright pink ones) give good results I thought I'd have a try - and these are the result:


Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, so, as soon as they have cooled, I'll be testing them.

And, just in case anyone wants to give them a try, the recipe is here.

Having eaten three of them, I can confirm that they are very good, although too sweet for me - will cut down on Splenda when I next make them. Oh and just to say that they needed longer than the recommended 15 minutes - probably about 22 minutes altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated