Pages

Thursday 11 November 2010

Salt: Transformation

It was Pauline's turn to choose the topic for this fortnight's Salt challenge - you can read what she wrote here.

I love the worship song that Pauline has mentioned and nearly used it on my LO.

If you click on my LO you will get a better view of the text, which says:

'Just as a butterfly goes through four stages of life before it is revealed in all its beauty, so every Christian is being transformed into a new creation. I don't think I've reached the beautiful butterfly stage yet, but I know that by the work of the Holy Spirit and God's grace in my life He is transforming me towards what He wants me to become.'

The scripture verse is: 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!' 2 Corinthians 5:17.

I found that I had the perfect paper on one of my shelves - Prima Indeed Collection 'delighted' - it's more beautiful irl than on here. But, unfortunately, it was one of those projects that seemed to go wrong at every turn, so I ended up settling for a bit of a patch up job - I wish I had got another piece of this paper, but it was the only one I had so I had to make do and mend!

I added some gems on the butterflies, some ribbon (to hide the joins that I had to make ~blush~ - and the ribbons are straighter irl than on this poor photo. I think I'll stop there before the hole I'm digging gets any bigger!

The 'transformation' letters are thickers vinyl ones.


If you have a few moments, please go to the Salt blog and have a look at what other members of the team have done - their crafting is always inspiritional - and if you visit their individual blogs you will be able to read their own reflections on 'transformation'.

I'm linking this LO for:

Crazy challenge 40: things with wings
Other lovelies thoughtful Thursday 33: J - for jewels on the butterflies
Lexi's creations 26: anything goes
Fairytale: everything goes
Iris' spot 9: anything goes
Lili of the valley 73: anything goes
Cute card Thursday 138: anything goes
Creative Friday 30: free theme

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful words Hazel & a wonderful layout..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful

    thanks a lot for sharing us at the very first fairytale challenge

    hugs

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work, but the actual theme at Creative Friday #30 is "PIN UP'S".

    Hugs Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great
    Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
    Hugs Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this works really well - ribbon addition and all. And you are a beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a pretty design!
    The green color is so beautiful!
    Thanks for you join our 1st challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge.
    ~~darling Ho~~ FTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design! Great papers! Thanks for joining us at Iris's Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the butterflies Hazel, such a lovely way to depict transformation

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning layout, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty! I love butterflies. Thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely LO, so pretty,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful layout Hazel, such a fantastic way to describe transformation.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated