Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

BF January ATCs: grungeboard

The theme for this month's ATC swap on BF forum is Grungeboard. Now I have to confess that I had never bought any of this, but this was a good opportunity to get some. I know that I could have done other more adventurous things with it, but I suppose I played safe with what I did.

The pictures speak for themselves really.

I started with scribbling three noecolour II pastels:

wiped with a baby wipe:

inked up my Stampington Leonardo stamp (one of my favourites) and, instead of stamping on to the ATC, I carefully put it on to the upturned stamp and brayered, so that I got it in the right place more easily:

So this is what it then looked like:

When I'd made all five, I used some PM precious metals in copper to wipe over the right hand corners, but now I wished I hadn't done that because they looked better before that - but, hey ho, 'tis done now:


I'm linking for these challenges:

Crafty pad 104: something new (new stash - grungeboard)
Stampin' sisters in Christ 72: new (new stash - as above)
My partner in crafting crime 17: something new (new stash - as above)
One stitch at a time 45: new (new stash - as above)
Crafty Ann 32: ring in the new but don't ring out the old - (new stash as above and old stamp)
Little red wagon: one layer wonder
Pile it on 3: anything goes
Let's ink it up 8: anything goes
Pear tree designs 32: free for all
Paper cutz 75: your choice
Stamptacular: anything but a square
Penny's 45: anything goes

16 comments:

  1. OMG I love this, stunning stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Hazel, those crayons are fab aren't they? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Hazel! Thank you for sharing how you did them and sharing them with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, Hazel.
    Thanks for showing how you made the lovely background - fab result :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, beautiful card. Love that you showed how you did it. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cutz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I clicked on these beautiful cards through Crafty Ann's and was tickled to see that they're yours, Hazel! Second time in a week you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Hazel, love the effect you've created with those pencils! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and LIIU this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hazel, they are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week

    good Luck

    Hugs

    Katrina

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW these are great, its brilliant getting the new stash out and playing, Thanks for sharing and joining in on OSAAT this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look fabulous!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Hazel I disagree i think they look fab with the precious metal in the corner.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, these are fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Hazel! I love grunge board and these atc's are super.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's and good luck!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a neat card! Great effect! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated