Pages

Thursday 6 January 2011

Salt: pray for holiness

It was Kim's turn to choose the topic for today's Salt challenge - you can read what she wrote here.

My final artwork was nothing like what I first thought of, but the hymn came into my mind more and more and seemed appropriate for this challenge.

I downloaded the royalty free dandelion picture from geekphilosopher, printed the sheet music and then scanned it into the computer to combine the two, playing around with filters to get some graduation in the finished picture, adding my black and white photo in the right hand bottom corner.

These are the words of the hymn, written by Frances Ridley Havergal, who lived from 1836 - 1879, so it's not modern, but is still a great prayer for holiness.
  1. Take my life, and let it be
    Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
    Take my moments and my days,
    Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
    Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
  2. Take my hands, and let them move
    At the impulse of Thy love;
    Take my feet and let them be
    Swift and beautiful for Thee,
    Swift and beautiful for Thee.
  3. Take my voice, and let me sing
    Always, only, for my King;
    Take my lips, and let them be
    Filled with messages from Thee,
    Filled with messages from Thee.
  4. Take my silver and my gold;
    Not a mite would I withhold;
    Take my intellect, and use
    Every power as Thou shalt choose,
    Every power as Thou shalt choose.
  5. Take my will, and make it Thine;
    It shall be no longer mine.
    Take my heart; it is Thine own;
    It shall be Thy royal throne,
    It shall be Thy royal throne.
  6. Take my love; my Lord, I pour
    At Thy feet its treasure-store.
    Take myself, and I will be
    Ever, only, all for Thee,
    Ever, only, all for Thee.
As usual, you can click on the picture to enlarge it, although it isn't that big because I didn't want to lose the resolution.

As a reminder to myself I'm now using this as my desktop wallpaper (I've even hidden the icons and the taskbar so that the image fills the whole screen). As usual I'll also print this out to add to my Salt LO album.

I'm linking this to these challenges:

Ooh-la-la 70: a toast to 2011
Crazy amigo: 2011
Creative craft world: new year resolutions
Creative craft: new year's resolutions
Papercraft star 27: use one of your near year's resolutions as your inspiration
Off the wall craftiness 39, which gives this picture as a prompt:



We would love to see you join in our Salt challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Wow !! Thats stunning.

    Thankyou for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our New Years Resolution challenge.

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that hymn and what a great idea to make this your wallpaper Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Hazel! Love this hymn and what a fabulous idea to create a page with it! Love it! Thank you so much for all you do for SALT and for your contribution to this week's challenge. You are a blessing to our little group! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project and a perfect wallpaper! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's unusual. Thanks so much for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great reminder to have in front of you. What a great unique way to use the colors from this week's OTWC. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unusual and so striking.
    Thank you for joining us at OLL.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I've never tried doing this kind of mixing and matching on my computer. It turned out sooo beautifully and what a wonderful way to remind yourself daily to give ourselves over to God in all things. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Hazel this is beautiful
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Happy New Year
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations for our "Toast To 2011: challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely artwork - thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges - Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated