Pages

Thursday 28 April 2011

Salt: the great commission

It was Pauline's turn to choose the topic for today's new Salt challenge - you can read what she said here, based on the Great Commission of Jesus given in Matthew 28:18-20.

This is what it says in The Message version:

Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave his charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."

I've made a digi LO for this challenge, using these scripture verses. In my online travels I came across Internet Evangelism Day 2011, which will take place on Sunday 15 May. Until the growth of the internet, for most of us evangelism was restricted to the little corner of the world in which we live, but now it is possible to spread the gospel throughout the world at the touch of a keyboard. Of course, there are still parts of the more remote world where this isn't possible, but, with modern technology increasing, there are more and more opportunities for global interaction via the net.

For my LO I used some scrapbooking downloads that I've had on my computer for some while - and I confess that I should have noted where they came from - I don't think they were free, I think I must have purchased them, but can't remember, so apologies that I can't give credit for them.

Please visit our Salt Faith challenge blog to see what others in the team have crafted as their response - and we would love to see anything that you are prompted to make - please leave us a comment so we can come and look.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to look up more about Internet Evangelism Day - sounds interesting! I love the way you ahve taken the colours from the poster and I am in awe of your digi skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Hazel, love this! I'll miss crafting with you but please do keep in touch!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous layout Hazel and I'm also off to find out more about Internet Evangelism Day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated