Pages

Saturday 14 May 2011

Salt: a time for everything ...

Update: Thanks to Blogger - my original post for this was eventually returned - you can see it here.

Thanks to Jaqi for sending me copy of my Salt post that she had on Google reader, I am able to re-post this. You never know, Blogger might still restore the lost posts, but in the meantime this is a copy of what I wrote on Thursday.

It was Ruth's turn to choose the topic for today's challenge on Salt and she chose 'a time for everythin' based on the passage from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 - you can read what she wrote here.

This turned out to be a very poignant topic for us at Salt because, after much discussion and prayerful consideration, we have decided to cease the challenges, although the blog will remain open - we hope it will continue to be a blessing to those who visit.

My LO is very simple because the K & Co paper I used is very 'busy'. I added some Hero Arts stamped cuckoo clocks and a few other clock faces. The passage from Ecclesiastes is The Message version - I printed on to an identical piece of K & Co (I so wish I had a printed that could cope with 12 x 12 - one day, perhaps) and used the stitched ribbon over the join. You can read the scripture verses if you click on the image a couple of times.

Please go over to Salt and see what the rest of the team did for this challenge - and join in if you can.

I'm linking this for:

Let's craft and create 19: sew lovely
Stampavie 141: ribbons
Allsorts 102: stamp a lot - use at least three different stamps
My partner in crafting crime 26: incorporate numbers
Crafty creations 118: anything goes
Creative Belli 117: letter S - stamping, stitching (my neglected embellishment: the ribbon)
Stamping vacation: No! No! challenge: no embossing of any kind
Stamping vacation: when I grow up: clockmaker
Crafty catz: give us a quotePenny's 53: anything goes

Make it Monday: 36

Scrappy frogs: anything goes

Flourish timeless 117: anything goes

Altered Alice chapter 4: tme

Sorry that I can't clear the spacing that's appeared just above here. Of course, I had some comments that had been made on the original post, but they disappeared with it.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful last (sob) layout for Salt. Thanks for all the encourage,ent, inspiration and organising you have done hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO, sorry to hear it's the last for Salt though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely LO Hazel. Love all the clock images you have used. Thanks so much for joining in the When I Grow Up challenge - Clockmakers at Stamping Vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely time entry. Thanks for joining us in the challenge at the Altered Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous clocks!! Thanks for playing over at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Hazel! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Hazel!! Thanks for playing along with our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout, and how perfect for a challenge dealing with time. I love the simplicity of the Bible passage next to the nostalgic paper. Just lovely, and thanks for playing along with The Altered Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! I really love your layout! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout Hazel. Really pretty.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout. What more can you say....I absolutely adore that passage...and it's perfect for the Altered Alice entry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout, and you can't even see the join :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful design! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated