Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

Playing with inks


Not feeling too great this afternoon, but wanted to do something crafty, but found it hard to concentrate and decide what to do.

I found some stamps that were free with a magazine - I never inked any of them - and stamped with versafine black onyx and heat embossed with detail black powder. I then torn around a perspex oval template and then stamped on to that with an oval background stamp inked with peacock feathers distress ink. I then splattered with water and brushed the torn edges with the distress ink.

But I wasn't too happy with this, so I decided to have another try, this time I stamped the oval peacock feathers before I tore round the perspex template. I thought I would achieve a better result that way, but in the end I prefer the original one which is on the left as you look at the picture.


These are for:

By Lori designs 53: aqua and red
Daring cardmakers: colours of the sea
Oozak 19: anything goes/sea colour
Going grey with Scrap-creations: girls just want to have fun
Crafty creations 235: make two
ABC 40: stamps, ink, paper
Use it Tuesday 61: un-inked stamps
Alphabet: N for newest stamp
Sweet stampin: bold & beautiful
Ooh-la-la: a step back in time

14 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel but i just couldnt settle and went for a lay down instead. The cards are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! how awesome and striking!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are both perfect Hazel. Gorgeous colours. I too have that stamp and it's not seen ink either! Michelle x DT Ooh La La Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the effect on your blue BG, and your stamp is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they both turned out lovely! The aqua and red are so striking together. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge & good luck!
    'Shell
    http://shellscardhaven.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these cards! That image is very elegant. Thanks for playing at ABC Challenges!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card thank you for calling into Sweet Stampin' this week. Good Luck. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your colorful and elegant project at Use it Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can relate to that feeling! Looks great. Thanks for joining us at Use is Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the technique you used! The blue color is so pretty! Amazing job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards Hazel. Love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards, Hazel! Thank you for playing along with By LORi Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated