Wednesday, 4 September 2013
I wanted to use my new Spellbinders D-lite gazebo die and what better than to make a wedding card, but the dilemma was: what to put in the middle of the gazebo. I had some die cuts of bride and groom, but they were too big. So I dug out some old shrink plastic and took a gamble. I stopped with my old Anita's favourite wedding stamp and then used the heat gun to shrink the plastic. I couldn't believe it when it fitted the space, although I did have to chop off the sides a bit (not sure whether it's done the blade much good on my guillotine).
It would have looked much better if the shrink plastic had been pure white instead of the cloudy version, but I'll know that for another time - and I'm going to experiment so I cut out to a size that will shrink perfectly (think that will need a few sessions to get the correct measurement).
I used an offcut of gold mirror card to die cut the gazebo, using my eBosser to cut and emboss.
The sides of the gazebo looked a bit too bear so I hit upon using some tiny rosebuds that I've had for ever and a day.
If you look at the wedding card I made here, using the same sort of card blank, you'll get a good idea of how much the stamped image shrunk.
This is for:
Facebook A card a day
Brown sugar 57: wedding
Delightful: make the cut
Oozak 21: anything goes/die cuts/punches
Whimsical designs: something old (the rubber stamp, flowers etc), something new (the D-lites gazebo die)
Whoopsi Daisy: show us texture
Totally gorjuss 199: texture
Art impressions 117: people parade
Alphabet: O for one word sentiment